National Academy of Psychology (NAOP) India is an independent body that strives to promote, advance, and safeguard the interests of Psychology as a discipline engaged in teaching, research, application, societal development, and human welfare. Their said objectives are to:
- promote growth of Psychology in India, and safeguard its interests.
- publish high quality journals.
- endeavour for setting up mechanisms for accreditation of courses of Psychology.
- establish and maintain liaison with national as well as International Associations in academic as well as professional matters.
- identify and honour individuals for their outstanding contributions to psychological research and/or professional practice as Fellows of the Academy.
- make efforts for ensuring high ethical standards in teaching, research, and professional services.
- promote highest standards of psychological measurement, testing and instrumentation.
- carry out such other functions as may be deemed necessary to achieve its primary objectives.
Check out: Ethical Principles adopted by NAOP.
- Indian School Psychology Association (InSPA)
- National Academy of Psychology (NAOP)
- Indian Institute of Psychology and Research (IIPR)
- Indian Academy of Applied Psychology (IAAP)
- Indian Psychology Institute (IPI)
- International Journal of Indian Psychology (IJIP)
- Journal of the Indian Academy of Applied Psychology (JIAAP)
- Indian Association of Positive Psychology (IAPP)